Tiger Open API platform provides interface services for both individual quant developers and institutional clients. To make the APIs easier to use, we developed this software development kit (SDK). The Open API SDK encapsulates the underlying interfaces that Tiger Brokers offers, providing a convenient way for our users to trade, monitor and manage their accounts in their self-designed trading programs, using programming languages of their choice(Java/Python/C++/C#). Currently, the Tiger Open API supports all types of accounts opened at Tiger Brokers, including global account, prime account and paper trade accounts.
The Open API platform is desgined for quantitative investors with a basic understanding in quantitative trading strategies and a working knowledge of software development.
- Create orders, modify or cancel orders, and check the status of orders
- Check account status, such as balances and current positions
- Get market data, such as quotes for U.S. and HK stocks, or stock options, as well as other related market data
- Get notification for changes of order status, positions, or market price of a specific stock, etc.
Trade a Varity of Products in Global Markets
Products available for trade：
|Market||Products||Prime Account||Paper Account|
Note：The prime account allows placing orders outside regular trading hours. However, your paper trading account may have some additional restrictions when trading certain products after markets
Market Quote Available：
|Market||Types of Products||Name of Quote Subscription|
|U.S.||Stocks||Nasdaq TotalView(Level2 Market Depth data)|
Note 1: Trading on margin is only supported for certain stocks
Note 2：We recommend using Tiger Prime account，if you have a Gobal account and would like to use Open API, please contact us
Open API now supports the following order types:
- Open API now supports the following order types：
- Market Order
- Limit Order
- Stop Order
- Limit Stop Order
- Trail Order
- Algo Order
For a list of supported order type, please see FAQ - Trade - Supported Order Types
Supported Account Types
- Prime account: Support trading of U.S. stocks, Hong Kong stocks, A-Shares, options and futures. Margin and short selling function supports some stocks. Both Margin and Cash accounts are supported. Please refer to the FAQ section of this documentation, or contact our support team for a full list of tradable securities and corresponding trading hours
- Paper trade account: We offer mocking trading of U.S. stocks, stock options, Hong Kong stocks and A-Shares
- Global account: Please contact us for more information
No Additional Charge
Users can use the Open API for free as long as they have an active Tiger account and Deposit. Open API is a free service, there are no additional fees for orders placed via the Open API. For more information, please see the Fee Structures page of Tiger Brokers' official website.
- To get market via Open API, you must have an active API market data subscription. This subscription is independant from the market subscription for our APP and must be purchased separatly. Please see Appendix 3: Fees and Permissions for more information.